For Upper Intermediate to Advanced
Japanese evening course
Twice a week group course for busy people
Elevate your understanding and fluency by exploring discussions on subjects such as global affairs, cutting-edge technology, cultural insights, and more.
Get together in the heart of Toranomon to learn practical Japanese that you can use immediately after every lesson! You will be discussing on current topics such as global affairs, cutting-edge technology, cultural insights, and more.
Why choose TLS?
- Experienced teachers who understand struggles upper intermediate to advanced learners face when speeaking Japanese such as structuring longer sentences with correct conjugations, honorific expressions, social skills, etc.
- Customized lessons materials using authentic and currenet topics will enable students to immediiately apply the learning into their workplace, private life, etc. In addition, optional tours and free bilingual events, will accelerate your speaking skills, while you enjoy your life in Tokyo more!
- Small Group Size. Maximum 6 students
- 2 x 75 minutes classes a week.
- You can choose 8, 24 and 36 lessons membership
- Focused on natural daily conversation plus grammar structure for broader application
Course Takeaways & Highlights
- Expressing opinions confidently without being rude
- Social skills and fluency through abundant group works over topics on news, business, and culture.
- Reinforcement on listening comprehension
- Emails and presentation skills
- Be proficient on more Kanji and expressions to increase vocabulary
Selective cultural experiences
Japanese in Newspapers and News Sources
About the Course
|Understand Japanese newspapers and TV news using materials such as, Nikkei articles, NHK news, etc., to acquire vocabulary and expressions, and then apply them trough discussions
Intermediate to advanced learners (N3, N2, and N1)
Want to understand Japanese news or discussions during internal meetings, but lack vocabulary, or listening skills. Want to learn how to apply new expressions and vocabulary in speaking with confidence.
Understand and discuss on news in Japanese using NHK’s web news and and other actual newspaper articles including Nikkei Shimbun.
Learning and applying new vocabulary and expressions for more fluency
Per 75-minute lesson
4,900yen x 8 lessons
4,655yen x 24 lessons
4,410yen x 48 lessons
Sign up for 8 or more lessons and receive a free “walk and learn” session! Where your teacher will accompany you to a practical location like a supermarket or restaurant, and practice using Japanese in real life with you (for example: order in a tempura restaurant while explaining that you dislike mushrooms so could you replace the mushroom with something else).