We are looking for talented teachers to join our growing team.
Business English Instructor
Toranomon Language School is looking for a highly skilled English language instructor (CELTA or TESOL with a Masters Degree required) to join our growing team.
The right candidate will be an experienced teacher who understands the struggles that Japanese companies, startups, and students face when learning English. The ability to manage students of different learning styles and levels of confidence while maintaining a smoothly running class is imperative.
We value production and language usage in the real world, not rotate learning and minimal-student output.
This is not just a simple eikaiwa role, but more of a business English teaching role (with some exceptions), so we hope to hire a teacher who has experience in the corporate world and who can bring real-world examples to life in the classroom You will also be entrusted with creating your own program materials, facilitating workshops, engaging in curriculum planning and various other roles as needed. as you desire.
We are looking for a candidate who is willing to work both at our office in WeWork KDX Toranomon Building and occasionally remotely. This role offers teachers a chance to interact with high-level businesspeople and officials and build upon their own business knowledge through them. are many events that the school is involved in that teachers are invited to facilitate or attend, such as start-up incubators and networking events and lectures.
The workplace is highly international. This is not a stiff, Japanese-only office. English is widely spoken and cultural differences are understood by all staff. We welcome teachers who understand and celebrate the differences and similarities in various cultures, who are eager to push themselves in a new role.
- Full-time OR Part-time
- Business Hours: 9:00am – 6:00pm Monday to Friday
- Hybrid system possible (Remote/In-person)
- Native level fluency in English
- Master’s degree/TESOL/CELTA
- Business experience
- Ability to create own materials and lesson plans
- Strong social skills and ability to work well with others
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Both Japanese and national holidays of your home country provided
- Transportation costs provided
- Paid training provided
- Salary from 200,000 to 400,000 yen per month depending on experience (3000-4000 yen per hour if part time)