Little things goes a long way!
Toranomon Language School
Speak over tea
Beginner group course for your life in Tokyo
Our course is perfect for expats in Japan seeking to make daily life easier. You’ll learn essential, practical Japanese phrases, enabling you to engage in basic conversations on various topics like vacations, family, food, and hobbies. We prioritize speaking skills and create a relaxed, friendly atmosphere with tea and snacks, making your learning experience enjoyable and comfortable.
Why choose TLS?
- Experienced teachers who understand struggles beginners face when learning Japanese
- Customized lessons materials, speaking over tea each time, optional tours and meet up events, will accelerate your speaking skills, while you enjoy your life in Tokyo more!
- Small Group Size. Maximum 6 students
- 2 x 75 minutes classes a week.
- You can choose 8, 24 and 36 lessons membership
- Focused on natural daily conversation plus grammar structure for broader application
Course Takeaways & Highlights
- Introduce yourself and your family members
- Be able to do tasks like:
- Book a restaurant
- Make a hair appointment
- Book a medical appointment
- Ask for directions on the street
- Direct a taxi cab
- Ask if a certain product is sold in the supermarket
- Order in a restaurant
- Chat to a friend about basic topics such as the weather or your last vacation
Selective cultural experiences
Sign up for 8 or more lessons and receive a free “walk and learn” session! Where your teacher will accompany you to a practical location like a supermarket or restaurant, and practice using Japanese in real life with you (for example: order in a tempura restaurant while explaining that you dislike mushrooms so could you replace the mushroom with something else).